I love baking, it is one of my favourite weekend past times. I would go as far as to say that I love baking almost as I love eating the end result! I have a massive sweet tooth, so it is vital for me to create healthier alternatives of my favourite sweet treats. These blondies are super easy to make, they take 5 minutes to prepare, they taste incredible, and are refined sugar and grain free!
Chickpeas in a blondie may sound strange, but I promise you they are incredible, and even my fussy 10 year old son goes mad for these.......
1 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 x egg
125g nut butter of choice (almond, cashew, or peanut all work well)
85g of honey
2 tsp vanilla extract*
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
40g of dark chocolate chips*
*You can make the blondies in to brownies by adding cocoa powder, and experiment with other flavours by using different flavourings, substituting the vanilla for orange extract and adding a tbsp of cocoa powder makes incredible chocolate orange brownies
*You can use milk or white chocolate chips if preferred
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 for fan ovens)
2. Line an 8 x 8 tin with greaseproof paper, and spray with cooking spray*
3. Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a food processor / food blender and pulse until smooth
4. Pour batter in to the tin
5. Top with chocolate chips
6. Cook for 20 - 25 minutes, the edges should be slightly brown but the centre of the mixture should still be slightly sticky for a true blondie texture
7. Cool on a wire rack, then cut in to 12 squares
8. Eat & Enjoy!
The blondies will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
*You can make this in to a loaf by using a loaf tin instead, and increasing the cooking time to 35-40 minutes