Healthy no bake crispy buns
Today I have got another sweet treat for you, this recipe is super quick, super easy, and super tasty! It is a nutritious twist on a family classic and a recipe that all the family is sure to love! As a bonus, they require no cooking at all.
They are refined sugar free but taste so indulgent.
Theses crispy buns make great on the go snacks, my son loves them in his packed lunch. They keep, store and travel well too.
100g of Dark chocolate (the higher the cocoa % the better)
60g of honey or maple syrup
20g of unsalted butter (melted)
1tsp of vanilla essence
40g of puffed rice (I use Kallo, which can be found in the 'free from' section of the supermarket)
Topping suggestions (Optional but recommended)
- Chocolate covered raisins, cranberries or blueberries
- Cacao nibs
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
*Get creative by mix and matching your favourite toppings!
1. Break the chocolate in to a bowl and either melt in 30 sec bursts in the microwave, or over a pan of hot water
2. Add the honey/maple syrup, vanilla essence and melted butter to the chocolate and combine
3. Pour the puffed rice in to the bowl and mix well
4. Spoon the mixture in to 8-10 cupcake cases, leaving a little well in the middle to inset toppings
5. Top with 2 or 3 of your chosen toppings
6. Place in the fridge or freezer to set
7. Eat & Enjoy!
The crispy buns will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days (if they last that long......)
*If you prefer a gooey bun then store them outside of the fridge, alternatively if you prefer a crunchier bun then they can be eaten straight from the freezer too!